Saturday, February 23, 2008

xkcd rocks


I love xkcd. I really, really love xkcd. If you read it, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, check it out. I bet you'll love it too.

(This is an older one, but it's one of my favorites, and I came across it again today.)

In Connor's second thesis it is stated 'There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.'  Does the routine destroy our creativity or do we lose creativity and fall into the routine?  Anyway, who's up for a road trip?

Really, when did we forget our dreams? When did security become more important creativity? A steady income more important than art & beauty? Comfort more important than at least trying to do the things that you are passionate about. It seems that I know a lot of people doing what they think they should, not what they want. A lot of people more or less resigned to a lifestyle that is at least not unhappy, because the thing that would make them the most happy carries a risk.

This week, I'm going to do something to get myself out of the same day to day loop. At some point in March, I'm going to do something to further a dream, or move myself out of my comfort zone. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: